Community Service Project
End of Session
Meals: Lunches and dinners will be varied, with some on campus in the cafeteria, some off campus, and some where you will all be cooking together. Various students and faculty will join for lunchtime conversations.
We are very excited to offer this one week program for adventurous students to spend a week on the Quest campus, and to learn in an ongoing process of exploration and reflection. Sharing our passion for education with secondary school students is a wonderful way to expand participation in Quest's unique community of learners.
Below you will find a tentative schedule for the week, showing some of the options you will have during your stay in Squamish, as well as some information about transportation to the campus and logistical information about your stay. If you have any questions about the program, completing the forms attached, or logistics feel free to contact Adrienne Dalla-Longa by email or telephone.
We look forward to seeing you on campus in July.
SUMMER SCHOLARS 2014
What to Bring:
• Dress is casual, on campus and throughout Squamish, and you may wish to bring rugged shoes or boots for hiking, a bathing suit for swimming, and a raincoat and umbrella.
• Gear for other sports: yoga, squash, tennis, and bouldering will be optional activities.
• Laptop - the residences have wireless access. There are also terminals in the library if you are laptop-free.
• Water Bottle
- Sufficient spending money to cover necessities like toiletries or other items you forgot to pack, and any purchases you might wish to make on outings (We recommend at least $50 CAN)
• We provide bedding and towels.
•All condos and balconies are non-smoking.
• No pets are permitted.
• No alcohol is permitted
All participants must have full health insurance coverage during their stay at Quest.
• For Canadian participants, you will be covered by your provincial plan.
• For non-Canadian participants, please complete the attached Health Insurance Form, or contact us if you wish to purchase Guard.me Health Insurance for the week through the university at a cost of $20/week.
Located in beautiful Squamish, British Columbia, Quest University Canada is readily accessible by car and public transportation.
The address for Quest University Canada is:
Quest University Canada
3200 University Boulevard
Canada V8B 0N8
Visitors may park in the upper roundabout plaza and should check in at the main desk in the library building.
Week 1: Sunday, July 6th 1-4PM
Week 2: Sunday, July 13th 1-4PM
Week 3: Sunday, July 20th 1-4PM
Monday to Friday:
9 am to noon
MOVE - OUT
Friday after end of program lunch for participants and family
TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM SQUAMISH:
Service within Canada and US
Greyhound Bus Lines www.greyhound.ca
Service to and from the Vancouver International Airport
Pacific Coach www.pacificcoach.com
*Quest will be offering a shuttle, at a cost of $60, to and from the airport. The shuttle will depart from the airport at 2:00pm on the Sunday and a leave the campus at 3:00pm on the Friday (expected arrival at the airport is 5:00pm). If you wish to use this shuttle service please book your flight accordingly and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANSPORTATION IN SQUAMISH
• Transit BC
• Local Squamish routes, and
commuter bus to and from Whistler
• Howe Sound Taxi 604.898.8888
• Squamish is serviced by a Walk-in Clinic and various other medical clinics, as well as the Squamish General Hospital.
• Ensure that you bring your provincial healthcare card or proof of international health insurance
Major banks in Squamish include Scotia, Bank of Montreal, TD, CIBC and Royal Bank of Canada.
There is an ATM machine on campus in the Library Building with a $1.50 user fee.
The fees for the Summer Scholars Program are as follows:
$750 / week
includes tuition, accommodation, all meals and activities)
$350 / week
Local Commuters (includes tuition, group dinners, and activities)
Please complete and return the following to:
or by fax, attention: Adrienne
DEADLINE: May 31 2014
*students staying more than one week have weekend meals and activities included